Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Remix Rehash: Jump Club + Frederick Carlsson + Borracho!

Jump Club
The gentlemen of Jump Clubb hail from LA but that's about all they are willing to divulge about themselves. They will, however, share their "no dance" music freely. Intended to inspire you to think before you leap on to that dance floor. When I read their interestingly cerebral approach to the usually carnal world of good dance music I couldn't resist. And upon hearing A Frozen Hug I think they're dead on with their description. It certainly makes you want to move but the reasons why are up to you to figure it out.
**UPDATE**
new mixtape from Jump Clubb for your <3ing

Frederick Carlsonn
Continuing on with the dance theme I give you the "Swedish dance D'artagnan" Frederick Carlsson. Mando Diao's hit gets a fabulous treatment and makes you want to groove out even more. To speak from personal experience, this track is ideal for taking a break from your work or stress and dancing around like you're starring in your own iPod commercial. Get it.
Borracho

To send you off right I thought I would share with you this fantastic 45 minute set orchestrated by Borracho at a gig in Argentina. I'm sure you're with me when I say I would've loved to be there for it live but the next best thing is to savor it be it while you're at your desk, in your car, at the gym or wherever. Its all good.

No comments: