Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Momentary Musical Mantras

I find that some moments, occasionally entire days, require a bit of a mantra to get me through. Considering that there are rarely time when I am not listening to music mantras tend to come in song form. As of late these are a few tunes that have popped into my head during those times.


Stability is a truly admirable goal but one that I unhitched my cart from long ago. And I don't think that's a bad thing at all. The adventures and experiences I have had in its absence have taught me many things. Ms. Schwartz sums one of those lessons up quite nicely.

Lucy Schwartz
I Don't Know A Thing

Its catchy and witty so it tucks neatly into my thoughts many times a day.

Blanketarms
Eff That Ess

I frequently find myself in totally curious situations with interesting characters in strange places. More often than not it leads to some new friends or great fodder for later conversation but there have been a couple of nights were this song is spinning tween my ears on my bike ride home.

Team Genius
Take Me Home


I'm wired for busy. I thrive off of having a variety of projects and tasks to divide up my day. I like to think I do a pretty good job harnessing my ADD and channeling it towards productive ends. But I do admit that there are moments when I feel like I can't slow down. Yarn [a fabulous little bluegrassy/ countryish group out of Brooklyn, of course] gets it.

Yarn
Can't Slow Down


The chorus of this one says it all cause, dagnabbit, I will make it through this year alive! Right?

The Mountain Goats
This Year (live)

Want more of these artists...

Lucy Schwartz
BlanketArms
Team Genius
Yarn
The Mountain Goats

No comments: